Stay warm without being weighed down. Up Jacket is a lightweight insulation jacket padded with synthetic Primaloft® Gold Active+. Wear it as an outer layer for hiking and everyday adventures or layer underneath your shell jacket for extra warmth in the ski slopes.
Why is it called Up Jacket? Because it’s free from down (get it?), but also because it’s so light that it will never stop you from climbing upwards. It’s the perfect garment for ski touring, climbing or hiking. Wear it as a light outer layer or bring it in your backpack for extra warmth during breaks. The outer fabric is a very durable ripstop fabric and the liner fabric is a highly breathable fabric with great next-to-skin comfort.
What really makes the Up Jacket special is the padding. Primaloft® Gold Active+ is a cutting edge synthetic padding. It has exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio and high breathability. It’s also highly packable. Houdini chooses to have synthetic padding, not down, in all ther insulation garments. The reason is because it performs better, especially in wet conditions, but also because they don’t want to steal the feathers from any birds. Primaloft® Gold Active+ is also made from 55% recycled fibers and is fully recyclable.
If you are looking for a light insulation jacket for mountaineering expeditions or cold days in the city, Up Jacket is your match. After many years, when the jacket is completely worn out, you can bring it back to Houdini for recycling.
- Regular fit
- Padded with Primaloft® Gold Active+ 60g in body, 40g in sleeve
- Fluorocarbon free water repellency treatment
- Light and durable
- Highly packable
- Zippered side pockets that double as vents
- High collar
- Inner chest pocket
- Drawcord in bottom hem
- Made with recycled and recyclable fibers
- Weight 370 g
High density ripstop polyester. Water repellant, highly wind resistant, ultralight and stowable.
- Origin: Taiwan
- 100% recycled polyester
- Bluesign® certified
- Weight: 37g/sqm
- High density microfibers with 22D*22D
- Highly wind resistant
- Cired backside
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-Free
Padding: PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation Active +
A highly water repellant, durable and quick drying alternative to down. Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Origin: China
- 55% recycled polyester, 45% polyester
- Weight: 40 g/sqm, 60 g/sqm, 80 g/sqm
- Excellent warmth to weight-ratio
- Soft and compressible
- Highly water resistant
- Migration resistant
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
- Bluesign® certified
Wash & Care
When washing clothes made of synthetic fabrics, the use of a washing bag becomes even more important: It prevents microplastics from entering into rivers and oceans.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Iron on low heat.