August is founded by an Estonian designer Äli Kargoja (Studio Bercot, Paris), who after gaining experience in the ateliers of Nicolas Andreas Taralis and Maison Martin Margiela returned to her home country, Estonia to go forward with her vision of designing clothes.
August is an ethical clothing brand combining natural, organic materials with innovative design. Harmony between comfort, practicality and style is the main concept behind the design process.
August is characterized by simplicity, minimalism and functionality. Construction of clean forms, refined lines, and silent expression embody these collections which are suitable for anyone appreciating elegant clothes as well as sustainability in clothing design.
Of particular importance is to promote green consumerism by careful choice of materials and attention to each step of the manufacturing process.
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified fabric mills and sustainable fabric fairs are the cornerstone of our fabric sourcing.
Strong emphasis is put on ethical and fair trade commerce standards by using local producers and craftsmen. Our high quality products are durable, environmentally friendly and biodegradable.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options